Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mushroom Chix

I told Stephen last night, I feel the most wife/mom/adult like when I cook.  I love using fresh ingredients and simple recipes.  I guess it's the only time I really "control" the day- if that makes sense.  Maybe not control, but predict- in general (and lots of practice) if I cook chicken it will come out how I want, variables are up to me- what else I include with the chicken, how I cook the chicken, side dishes and occasionally dessert- well those are at my disposal.  Everything else in the day is up for grabs...especially with a toddler.  A very active, unpredictable 2 year old (who at the moment is about 4 inches from my face saying "I wanta tell you a swee-cwit momma" haha).  For instance, I didn't plan to clean pen off the wall or change poopy panties, both seemed to make their way into our day today.  Unpredictable. Ergo, I enjoy cooking :)

Tonight is chicken with mushrooms...and no cream sauce (not a fan).  The original recipe here.

Mushrooms
Chix Breast- thawed
1-2 eggs
bread crumbs
1 cup chix broth (I used veggie broth)
cheese

Mushrooms layered, chix browned

more mushrooms!

Cheese!!  What a sweet helper!

350 degrees for 25 mins
smell is AMAZING!
We paired ours with Basmati rice, carrots and sauteed zucchini.  :) YUM!
this is Stephen's plate....
I would love to hear what makes you feel "like an adult" :)

2 comments:

mzzbev said...

Yum, yum, yum, this looks deeeelicious!! Good job Kearbear!!

Susan Sene said...

I feel the SAME way when I cook and it's successful! :)

That looks yummy! Have you tried making your own cream sauce? It tastes WAY better!