Thursday, August 23, 2012

We've been waiting.....

I have waited for this post.  I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about the words I would use, how long it would be, would it include pictures?  When would I post it?  Apparently I didn't think too much, because I don't have much to say.  I mean I have A LOT to say, but my mind is blank.

Why aren't the words coming?  I guess because I want it to be perfect.  I mean, you only get to announce a baby once! (did you catch that??)  I have such a deep desire to express God's goodness, grace and mercy, to shout His providence, perfection and love for us.  If you could have seen me the day I found out....I couldn't stop grinning, eyes welling, heart soaring.  I really wanted to tell everyone- especially you all, since you are on this journey too.  I settled for some advice my dad gave me "be like Mary, and ponder it in your heart."

If you haven't concluded yet...I. AM. PREGNANT!!!!!  :)  Apparently a little over 6 weeks, although i think closer to 5--but like Stephen told me - it doesn't matter how far along, we're pregnant- that's the key point here!!

I know you are dying for details, so here you go

Tuesday afternoon (the 14th) I was cuddling Brynnen a little bit before nap.  Out of the blue she said "Mommy I want a brover or sister."  My first response was, "So do we honey" then I said "Let's ask God for a brother or sister."  So we did, love the sweet innocent prayers of children.  :)   God does too ;)

Wednesday, I had just settled in to start bible study (doing Beth Moore, Esther).  Then I remembered I had bought a test to take! Yay!  I took the test.  I stared at the test for about 15 seconds and knew I would go insane, and hurt my eyes if I watched the whole time.  So I decided to glance over the study (or at least sit down) and wait the appropriate 3 minutes.

Finally, as I approached the counter I could only see the guide mark...sigh (probably pretty deep)....but upon further inspection I saw a faint line.......What??? No way!! Oh my word! I wanted to do a happy dance, to jump up and down, SHOUT to our creator- but I had a sleeping baby, so I settled for a small eeekkk, a huge grin and overwhelming joy in my heart.  Not sure if I sat on the bed by choice, or couldn't make it to my desk- either way, I had a sweet conversation with God.  Thanking him over and over, praising Him, and seeking protection- trusting His will.  I could not stop that big cheesy grin, what a beautiful feeling.

Stephen got home and we celebrated.  Super excited for this new season in our life.  Next we had to decide if we would share the good news with everyone, or wait a while.  We came to rest on this: God's plan will play out regardless.  If we share this great news and something happens, it will be disappointing- UMM HELLO- if we don't share and something happens it will still be disappointing.  If we do share, we have the power of pray behind us, and I don't know about you, but, we'll take all the prayer you'll give!!! 

So thankful for another chapter, but like we all know...it's now 9 months of waiting. HA!  I'm going to savor this time, because (Lord willing) when #2 gets here, life will drastically change.  Thankful for your prayers, sweet scripture and thoughtful words.  And VERY thankful for family & friends to go through life with...ups and downs, sorrows and joy.

Might be our official diaper-getter  :)



(In case you missed this on facebook.....)  

Yes, she is chanting "USA" at the end...guess she feels we deserve a gold medal for this one   ;)

3 comments:

Susan Sene said...

Woo hoo!!!! Praise God! Praying for you and that tiny little baby!! Can't wait to meet him/her! If it's a girl, I think you should name her Cecelia ;)

mzzbev said...

I think his or her name should be, USA! USA! ;)

Robyn said...

Trusting all is well. I don't FB anymore, so I don't keep up. How is the rest of your family?
Love you and pray the best for you and your little family.