Sunday, October 9, 2011

fall, bedtime & God's love.

Here it is...my FAVORITE season.  MMM I love hoodies, boots, fall smells & tastes, playing outside after dinner and cuddling under blankets with hot chocolate!  Yes, I'm excited for Fall!


Another favorite...bedtime with Brynnen!

Stephen and I have started putting Brynnen to bed together, one of us rocks her, the other prays, each night we switch.  Recently I have been holding/rocking Brynn as long as possible each night.  I close my eyes and breathe deep, a smile creeps across my face as I am reminded this is the only time I get to hold her like this.  Sure she will come say "I hold you" (meaning she wants me to hold her) or climb on my lap while we relax after dinner- but that lasts about 30 seconds then something else has her attention.  So back to the rocking chair, cuddling with my baby girl reminds me what a sweet blessing she is.  I love everything about her, her beautiful eyes, her silly grin, the way she laughs & says "sill-wee dad-dee" when they play together.  Ohhhh, I could squeeze her and never want to let her go.  God gave us the sweetest angel ever.  (I don't mean angel as if she never gets in trouble, but like created heavenly being).  I've never encountered an angel that I know of, but I tell you what, that little girl has to be pretty close!  

Her sin nature shows often, her newest being "NO! MINE-T" (yes she says mine with a "t" on the end).  Where did she even learn that??  There are times when she doesn't get her way she'll throw herself on the floor, or pout- but even the worst days of continual whining, disobeying and getting into things, is completely washed away when I cuddle her before bed and I can't wait to spend tomorrow with her.  I can't even explain it.  How can I have so much love in my heart for something so small!  As we sit there I'm reminded of Christ's love for us.  I love that I can demonstrate His love to her by being patient, teaching her right things, and even singing praise with her.  (Her "Jesus loves me" is "gee-sus, gee-sus gee-sus" it makes me smile, especially when she follows that with "elmo worrrd").  SO grateful for this "little crazy" God has blessed us with.



If I feel this way about 1 child, think how big God's heart has to be to contain all the love He has for us!  Think how even the "worst of the worst" offenders (myself included) can be completely washed clean, daily!  He loves us SO much, He gave us the ability to love, so imagine how much more He loves us.  Wow.   Humbling.  Freeing.  Amazing.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Absolutely LOVE it!!! You made me smile more than once throughout the post, my favorite time with my kids as well :) Lydia favorite part loudly "AMEN" throwing her arms in the air! Thanks for sharing God's blessings through your blog

mzzbev said...

I'm so proud of you and Stephen! You are great parents!! :)