Friday, September 2, 2011

This is what I asked for...

Yesterday we started the SAHM's (Stay-at-home-mom) bible study.  Every one I have ever attended (this being my 2nd) has been a Beth Moore study.  This one on David.  I really like David, I feel like if a world-class screw up (pardon the rough language) like him can be called "a man after God's own heart" - well then there's hope for us.  I feel like God put him in that particular position to show "your heart doesn't have to be  perfect, you just have to bring all of it" for God to use you.  That's a direct quote form B-Moore herself.  Another good one is "there is a country mile difference between appeasing God and pleasing God."  Wooo, isn't that the truth. We also talked about things we ask for, and may or may not like the outcome (even though we asked for it).

I have been praying for sometime to be used in the lives of others.  I love people, as if you didn't know.  LOVE people, their hearts, what they think, where they have been and most importantly where they are going (with God's guidance).  God sure answered prayers, one of them in a way I could never have guessed.  I asked for Him to allow me to cross paths with a young person I can influence, in a positive way.  Well He gave me 13 of 'em! 



I am a middle school volleyball coach.  Ha.  Yes it's true, I'm not even kidding.  It's a lot of work, but I like it, I'm actually starting to like the girls too!  Ha ha, seriously, kidding!  These girls are between the 5th & 8th grade.  Yes they are loud, and talk way too much, goof off and get attitudes, but it's so fun to sit back and watch them interact.  To see them help, encourage and love each other.  I love the excitement they get when they do something well.  The intensity when they are trying to focus and work hard.  It's sweet how much they adore Brynnen and treat her like a sweet baby sister, well maybe a niece -nicer than siblings would be :)  I have to remind myself what 8th grade was like...oh, we were super cool, sitting at the back of the bus.  We giggled and shared lip gloss, didn't have a care in the world, besides what we were wearing tomorrow and what cute boy passed us a note during class.  Times have changed so much since I was in the 8th grade.  It breaks my heart realizing some of the things middle schoolers have to deal with.  So much divorce, death, sickness, and pressure in this God-less world.  A lot of people say "oh to be young again" I think I'd like to keep my 28 years thanks!

I didn't realize at first why I said yes to this job, I still can't even tell you how it came about.  I do know, I now have 13 extra blessings that I am SO thankful for, 14 if you include sweet Kayli that comes to watch Brynnen during practice. :)   I was expecting college age, but I am grateful God answered prayers in the only way He can...absolutely perfect! 

(A picture to come!) 

No comments: