Monday, February 28, 2011

Sweeping up the mess. Again.

I know a lot of my blogging has to do with Brynnen, (my 1 y/o daughter), but once you have a child, (I feel) it really puts your relationship with God into perspective- the loving Father/unknowing child relationship.  Our job as parents is to teach our children, as He teaches us. He is teaching me by showing how silly my actions can be, like Brynnen's are to me-- grateful for learning experiences!! 

Recently I have found that allowing Brynnen to sit in her bumbo on the counter while I make dinner is not only effective at keeping her from clinging to my legs and whining, but is also VERY fun and educational.  She watches intently as I mix ingredients, use this and that, go here and there, and of course eat anything she can grasp!  I often wonder what she thinks while this is going on.  Later I'll teach her how to take things that are yucky alone (eggs, flour, raw meat) and create something edible & YUMMY (meatloaf, chix parm, etc).  Much like God does with us, (takes our yuckies and makes us BEAUTIFUL)- I'm sure you've all read a story with the same principle. BACK TO THE POINT...

The other day I was sweeping the dinning room and Brynnen, obviously wanting my time immediately, dragged her bumbo over.  I was just about finished, when she got impatient and wanted me to take the bumbo RIGHT THEN.  So she (very strong) proceeds to swing the bumbo toward me, hitting the dustpan.  The dustpan dropped and crumbs/dirt went every where!  All my work scattered on the floor.  I was about 5 seconds from dumping it in the trash and giving her all my attention.  Instead, I had to move her, and the bumbo, in the kitchen and leave her there fussing to go clean up the mess she caused.  I really wasn't upset, she didn't know- but right then it hit me.  How many times do we do this with our life?  We get so impatient with God and His plan or work in our life, that we drag our plans to Him showing Him what we want, when we want it...NOW.  How many times have we thwarted His plan for us? Maybe we get want in the moment ( like Brynnen got my attention), but if only we would wait for Him, yes, it would be a little bit longer, but there could be less tears/pouting and a better/quicker result the first time.  I can think of a few times I have probably caused Him to "sweep up the mess" and caused my self heartache and pain.  I'm sure it'll happen again...ahem, I mean with Brynnen of course. ;-)  So now, I'm working on resting in Him and trusting in God's plan for my life...not mine. 

1 comment:

mzzbev said...

The neat thing is that although your plan, my plan may be really good. . . . .
God's plan is PERFECT!

So why why not opt for the latter? We can be so dense sometimes :) Love and miss you Ms Kari