Monday, January 24, 2011

Just stretch out your arms, and thow your body...


You know what makes me smile the biggest (among other things)??  When Brynnen, (who may or may not be a little whinny), just wants her mommy to pick her up.  She’ll usually make some kind of distressed noise, I’ll bend down and say “You want your mommy??” and open my arms.  She’ll waddle over with her arms stretched out, and I stoop low enough that her little arms go over my shoulders, and she puts her whole body weight on me, trusting that I will catch her and everything will be ok.  I squeeze her sweet baby body for a few seconds and tell her I love her, sometimes she’ll put her head down on my shoulder-oh, that is the cherry on the whipped topping on the frosting of my cake!  That just makes my day, and reminds me what a sweet blessing I have!

Think how much more must our Father above delight in our running to Him, arms stretched out, and throwing our whole body weight on Him, trusting He will catch us, and everything will be ok.  Well sweet child of God, He will catch you, and it WILL be ok.

These verses actually came from my wonderful friend, Bethany Gentry, (from the CHBC website listed below) they are her favorites, and you can easily see why. 
Habakkuk 3: 17-19 “Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my savior.

That is beautiful.  Sometimes we wonder why there is no fruit, or harvest or cattle- this was their lively hood then (and we still have many people that this may apply literally to, there are plenty of farmers, even if we do not see them- we sure need them!!).  Present day this verse could be, “though there is no raise or extra income, though you lost your job, though the doctors found no cure, though your life isn’t what you planned, though you feel you can’t take anymore, you will still rejoice in the Lord, and you will still be joyful in God your savior.”  No one said it would be easy, although living in America (or Canada ;] ) we are among the richest in the world, and life compared to third world countries, is cake,  we are to rejoice in the Lord. 

Have you ever made a decision to have a positive attitude, to thank God in every situation- because it could be worse?  I have, and have I ever been tested on it!  Sometimes I fail, but I have seen that if I make a choice to be happy, to rejoice in my Lord, God and savior- it becomes a habit, then becomes part of who I am.  Yes, of course there are times I fall so short, I am ashamed at how I have reacted to certain circumstances.  Well, just gotta get up, finish the day (or week), and ask God for another opportunity, BUT be prepared, He will give you another opportunity to rejoice, even though…(insert something here).

Just remember it may or may not be your fault there are no figs, or grapes or cattle and sheep, those are all circumstances.  They too will pass, but your opportunity to rejoice in your Lord is constant!  =) 

2 comments:

Susan Sene said...

I love how much God can use our children to make us more like him. Never would I have ever guessed how sanctifying having a child but how thankful I am for that!

I'm glad you have a blog. It shouldn't be a secret. But you SHOULD post pictures. C'mon!

Unknown said...

Thank you Kari once again for your encouraging words. How precious it is to fall in the arms of God and KNOW He will catch me, no matter what. I love you.