Monday, May 16, 2011

Sweet Babies...

Mother's Day weekend we went to South Carolina for Papa Suli's birthday.  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!!  (May 7th)

We stayed at Septtro & Susan's (Stephen's oldest brother & his wife).  They have a daughter, Rilynn, who is a little more than 4 months older than Brynnen.  The girls are now to the age where they can kind of play together...or fight over toys. (haha)  I'd have to admit they did very well with sharing & had a lot of fun playing "together" (playing with different objects but in the same room & paying attention to each other).   
watching cartoons together!

It was cute how if one of the girls did something, the other wanted to too- if Rilynn got her sippy, Brynnen wanted her's too. If Brynnen got in her chair to eat, Rilynn wanted up too (although Ri wasn't feeling well, so she didn't eat much- but she was great company for Brynnen). 

Even bath time! (Notice they each have a pink toy- haha)
 We seem to have started a tradition of doing a photo shoot with the girls in their Samoan dresses as often as possible.  Last time was at Rilynn's first birthday - here's a couple shots from then - September 25, 2010

Let's just say this time the weather was nicer and our models, ahem Brynnen, didn't eat the props- aka rocks & grass.



haha this one is my favorite  =)
I loved watching the girls play and interact.  They have completely different personalities- Rilynn is a little more reserved and keeps where she knows she's safe, where as Brynnen is  more outgoing and fearless.  The mommy side wishes Brynn were a little more like Ri when it comes to climbing and overcoming obstacles that can possibly hurt her-- but I will never tell her that!  I want her to try new things and explore- be herself, not who I or anyone else wants her to be.  Even if, to my dismay, she becomes a tomboy and never wears cute hair bows and dresses -- I mean, really- what did I expect?? I was the same way growing up (probably much to my mother's dismay). 

I am so excited to see where God leads these sweet babies (and their parents) as life continues.  So thankful for healthy bodies and sweet smiles =)

PS  I wish we lived close to all of our family, but for now, pictures and occasional visits will be savored.   

2 comments:

Shirley Flores said...

Love this blog Kari! The pictures are an added bonus. Thank you for posting pictures of them together- its always nice to see my nieces, especially together :) Love you guys!

with love, jennifer said...

Baby B is getting so big and CUTE!!! I want to squeeze her! yall need to come visit us!!