Thursday, April 14, 2011

Do you have something PERSONAL??





This is one of my favorite mugs, a gift from my brother & sister-in-law before our wedding (Stephen has one that says "Mr. Right" with his name- very cute).  Anyway, you can easily see why it would be a favorite- I mean, it tells me I'm Always right, holds my energy for life (coffee), and reminds me of the day I became a Sene.  Well, that's not all of why I love this broken-handled-making-it-extremely-hot-to-hold mug-- it's mainly because it says my name.  Kari.  4 letters that probably mean nothing to most other people, but to me,  it represents me.  It holds a lot really, my ups & downs- greatest achievements and deepest failures- it makes some people smile, others just out right laugh :) it means friend, secret keeper, bargain hunter extraordinaire, super fun playmate, and the best hug-giver ever!  Wow, all that from 4 letters?  Oh no, there's more---I'm just humble ;) (wink) Not very many people would be willing to buy this mug even at a yard sale because it has MY name on it.  Branding it.  Making it appealing only to those who know a "Kari" or may be so lucky to be named "Kari" ;)

We all love personalized objects don't we?  Before Stephen and I were married, I went to Las Vegas for my brothers wedding, guess what I brought back-- that's right, a tin of mints with "Stephen" on the front- (and another that said "Gangsta"- but that's another story...)  Personalization makes an ordinary object very special- it is created, printed, and purchased specifically with me (or you or whom ever) in mind.  There is one thing so personalized that will give your life meaning, fulfillment, purpose, happiness, it will be with you through the ups, downs, everything and most importantly- it will save your life.

Jesus Christ purchased YOU for a very high price, HIS LIFE.  You can be free in Him- to have LIFE EVERLASTING!  He comes right to you, on your level, has YOUR name on the palm of his hand (Isaiah 49:16).   No other relationship can offer you that (yes relationship- Christianity is not a religion, but a relationship).   He will never let you down, He will never leave you, He will be right on time, every time.  It is your choice.  He wants to have a personal relationship with _________ (insert your name).  See, if this were his blog, your name would have been filled in- I can't do that, I can't make this blog personal, I'm human (one of my many flaws).
 
I can guarantee, if you ask Him to have a personalized relationship with you- He will, and you will be changed...it'll rock your socks off!  =)

ps- coffee is not necessarily my "energy for life"- I do like it...a lot, but I'd be in big trouble if that truly were my "energy for life" - thanks for understanding my fun side ;-)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Sharing a cup of coffee would be great!